December 16, 2008

The Best Wii Games of 2008 - Wii Fit & Wii Rock Band

I actually kind of hate video games. I just wanted to get that out of the way so you'll understand where I'm coming from. For the most part I think video games are a total waste of time and I get bored of playing them very quickly. If it's the type of game where all you do is mash your thumbs into a controller for hours on end then you can count me out (just like John Lennon sang in "Revolution," O.K. maybe that was a slightly different context.)
I love music. That explains why I love Wii Rock Band. This is the game for people who love music. Not only can you play the guitar like you can with Guitar Hero you can also sing & play the drums and for me it's the singing and the drumming that is really interesting because it's so much like the real thing (no the guitar playing is nothing like playing a real guitar.)
I don't love exercising but I do like being in shape. The Wii Fit makes exercising fun. I actually look forward to exercising now. Think about what a great thing that is. The Wii Fit is also excellent for people of all ages and for people of all types of fitness levels. I've actually got a 2 year old nephew that loves to play the Wii Fit (he does the running games.) Usually I would think it's a horrible idea to let a 2 year old play a video game, but Wii Fit isn't your normal video game. It's actually a "game" that kids should be encouraged to use.
In my book these are the best two games you can get for your Wii right now. There's a reason they are so hard to find at the local stores, people buy them all as soon as they come in.
Buy Wii Fit Online. Includes a review of the game and links to where you can find it to buy online.
Buy Wii Rock Band Online. Ditto.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Johnny_Moon

No comments: